Becoming a Paramedical Tattooist
I have been there! It is scary to leave your comfort zone and start something new whether you are thinking of changing your career or you want to add a new service to your existing beauty business. Fear comes from lacking knowledge or information. KNOWLEDGE = POWER!
I hope these courses will provide clear steps you need to take in terms of building your skills, so you can feel confident.Book A Discovery Call
Founder of Elevate You Studio
Hi I'm Gina
I'm a medical tattooist and a trainer.
I have been working as a medical tattooist for over 5 years. I was inspired by a Canadian tattoo artist who was a burn victim, who camouflaged her facial skin. When I saw she helped other burn victims with her experience, I immediately found my passion. My passion to help others feel better about themselves, helped me overcome my own personal life obstacles as a single mom, and gave me a purpose.
Life brings so many surprises to everyone’s life. I learned It’s easier to overcome daily challenges when we have a goal. I love knowing that I can help people keep their eyes on the horizon and find the purpose in their lives through skills I learned over the years.
I look forward to growing more and helping others grow together.Learn More
Choose a training program based on the instructor’s experience not based on the price.
- Make sure the course will teach out fundamental tattoo technique.
- Make sure the instructor has done extensive research and years of practice to provide a safe approach with results.
- Make sure all the information is transparent in terms of what products are used during the procedure as you will have to disclose it to your clients.
- Make sure the course will teach you not only “How to do. What to do, “ but also WHY to do so.
- Make sure courses will use US manufactured products for easier access to order because that can be quite an inconvenience in the future.
How to become a medical tattoo artist.
Step 1. Education and training:
Choose a medical tattoo program that gives you in depth training with hands-on experience , also one that will give you structure so you can build a strong foundation that will be applied to the entire career as a medical tattoo artist.
You don’t need any other prerequisite , prior education to take this training.
But I recommend taking Bloodborne pathogen online training before coming to the class to have some background information on Cross contamination. You will need to keep a copy of Bloodborne Pathogen Certificate in order to apply for a Body Art License.
Here is a link below where you can take the course.
2. Obtain Body Art License and Location Permit:
Search your county/ state’s health department website under Body art license and requirement . You will need a physical location to be able to apply for a license. Once you receive your body art practitioner license, now you will apply for a location permit. Location permit application is also available under the Body art license requirement section.
3. Form a business entity and obtain a business license from your city, Create business forms and insurance. ( business forms, insurance information provided during the class.)
4. Branding / Marketing / PR , New client acquisition
5. Nurture your business by client fulfillment , continuing education . Utilizing a Mentorship program to level up your skill , building relationships with doctors offices, and other beauty businesses.
Please text inquiries to see if you are a candidate , and to inquire about the Cost and other next available dates about In Person Training at 818 312 4924 with Introduction of yourself. I would like to know what your goal is, so I can help you achieve your goal, complete this training courses with confidence .
Strong foundational technique will bring good results
Who are these courses for ?
Single technique is for students who wish to learn just one technique either Inkless tattoo ( No ink ), or Camouflage tattoo ( with ink ) to start. or students who had taken either of the courses in the past, want to add an additional technique.
In Depth Combo course is for someone who wants to learn , master the full picture of treating Stretch Marks . So you will be learning both techniques. Stretchmarks Inkless tattoo/ Camouflage tattoo, which will allow you to work with every client who walks into your shop depending on which technique they are eligible for. ( only 20% stretch marks are candidates for camouflage tattoo).
You will learn how to analyze stretch marks and how to determine the approach. An extensive details are shared in-depth in the course.