Hands on training, Full kit provided, Model practice . Extensive details and tips are shared.
IN DEPTH , HANDS ON TRAINING
HOW TO BECOME A MEDICAL TATTOO ARTIST
Step 1. Education and training:
Choose a medical tattoo program that gives you in depth training with hands-on experience , also one that will give you structure so you can build a strong foundation that will be applied to the entire career as a medical tattoo artist.
You don’t need any other prerequisite , prior education to take this training.
But I recommend taking Bloodborne pathogen online training before coming to the class to have some background information on Cross contamination. You will need to keep a copy of Bloodborne Pathogen Certificate in order to apply for a Body Art License.
Here is a link below where you can take the course.
2. Obtain Body Art License and Location Permit:
Search your county/ state’s health department website under Body art license and requirement . You will need a physical location to be able to apply for a license. Once you receive your body art practitioner license, you will apply for a location permit. Location permit application is also available under the Body art license requirement section. Once location permit application is submitted, health department will reach out to schedule the first inspection.
3. Form a business entity and obtain a business license from your city, Create business forms and insurance. (business forms, insurance information provided during the class.)
4. Branding / Marketing / PR , New client acquisition
5. Nurture your business by client fulfillment, continuing education. Utilizing a Mentorship program to level up your skill, building relationships with doctors offices, and other beauty businesses.
HOW IT WORKS
I HAD BROKEN DOWN 5 DAYS TRAINING IN BEGINNER TRAINING AND ADVANCED TRAINING. 3 DAYS BEGINNER TRAING WILLL TEACH YOU 5 TECHNIQUE ACROSS STRETCHMARKS AND SCARS. YOU WILL GO HOME AND PRACTICE, START TAKING CLIENTS, AND COME BACK FOR ADVANCED TRAINING SO I CAN SEE THE CHALLENGES YOU ARE HAVING AND WORK ON LEVELING UP IN ADDITION TO LEARNING MORE CHALLENGING TECHNIQUE.
3 Days Beginner Program
3 Days Stretchmarks and Scar Training
You will learn 5 technique;
1. Stretchmarks Inkless tattoo (using growth factor serum ) - wide deep colored stretchmarks
2. Stretchmarks Camouflage tattoo ( using pigments )- white flat stretfchmarks
3. Scar reduction for thick scar tissue
4. Scar lightening for dark scar ( hyperpigmented )
5. Scar camouflage for white or red scar.
scar camouflage should be differenciated from stretchmarks camouflage in technique which most training programs don't teach you.
Full training kit provided
(Machine, Power supply, a full set of pigments, Serum for Inkless tattoo and scar reduction, serum for scar lightening )
2 days Advanced program
Advanced training can be taken any time you feel ready after Beginner program. This program is more customized to your level to help you with challenges you may be having. In addition, You will be learning Camouflage tattooing on pigmented scars, Areola Scar Camouflage for breast augmentation scar. I recommend learning these techniques when you feel color retention is high and tattooing technique is in place as it can quickly go sideways if not. Please contact me directly at 818 312 4924 to talk about how we can level up your current technique.
3D areola program
I will be referring you to StacieRae Artschool.ink when you are ready.
My courses might not be for everyone. It is for students who are inquisitive and want to learn logical science behind medical tattoo through in depth education separated by different subjects.
If you are an experienced artist who has not trained with me, would like to be accepted for 2 Days Scar In Depth Training, we will set up a call so I can evaluate your level and make sure we are including what you are missing in your training.
3 DAYS TRAINING : $4500 if a model provided, $4000 if you bring your own model
SMP can be learned as a beginner who don't have any experience in tattooing. Our master Realism artist Christian from INKT By Christian James, with 8 years of experience in SMP field. Next Training August 18 19 20 Curriculum will be posted soon
Private coaching and Mentorship
: Schedule a call to sign up
Personalized one on one direct coaching going over upcoming client cases. I will be sharing my step by step approach for you to follow on upcoming appointments you have, and after care. more clinical day with me . Marketing tips on how to get clients.
BEGINNER PROGRAM CURRICULUM
3 Days Stretchmarks and Scar Training
- Fundamental tattoo technique
- Skin analysis
- Client fulfillment
- Business/ marketing Tips - you took the training, now what , what do you do next ?
- Beauty business startup checklist
Ongoing support : 12 months once a month ZOOM group call.
- 4-5 students in one group , Hands on, in Depth Training.
- Next available dates : Jan 12 13 14, Feb 9 10 11, March 8 9 10, April 12 13 14, May 10 11 12
- Location 1000 fremont ave Suite H, South Pasadena CA 91030
- Class is 10am-4pm. 20 mins quick lunch break ( snacks, lunch provided )
- All the material provided ( manual, a set of ink, Machine, power supply, needles, serums )
DAY 1 - Fundamental tattoo technique , Stretchmarks Inkless tattoo, Camouflage tattoo.
- Fundamental Tattoo Machine/ Needle technique (Needle angle, hand angle, hand motion, machine stroke, machine speed , Needle taper) , and how this is applied in Medical tattoo.
- Physics of tattoo
- Medical skin science, how it is applied in medical tattoo to understand healing process
- How to tattoo the Correct Skin Depth for compromised skin.
Common mistakes and how to avoid them
- How to troubleshoot when you make mistakes
- Simplified color matching process
- Color matching formula
- Aftercare regimen and follow up
- License, Business forms, insurance
- Supply list and pigment list
- Sales and Client fulfillment
- Marketing tips
DAY 2 - Model practice day for stretchmarks inkless and camouflage tattoo, 2 models
Hands on practice simulating real time procedure from the start to the end
DAY 3 - Scar Day
- Scar reduction for Thick scar tissue
- How to lighten Hyper-pigmented scar ( dark scar )
- Scar camouflage for white or red scar, and Vitiligo/ white sun spots
- Discussion on Camouflage on dark scar
- 2 or more live model practice.
- After training, ongoing support will be provided to answer questions.
It can be overwhelming to choose the right training program for you since there are so many out there. So why would you choose to train with me?
You want to get the best out of your investment
You want to fill the gap of what you learned previously
You want to be the best in the industry
You want to be a medical tattoo artist who care about how your clients feel
You want to make sure you will leave the class feeling equipped with knowledge and clarity.
How was the first year of my career ?
My training program is for someone who really wants to learn in depth and become the best at what they are doing, rather than quick, speedy learning ( crash course ) . There is NO POSSIBLE WAY for someone to learn everything about stretch marks and scars in 2 days.
What's going on these days is that a lot of courses are offered by people who have very little experience (less than a year or so), and they offer crash courses that teach you everything at once in such a short time. You will go home thinking that is all you need to know, then soon you will find yourself “winging it'' instead of having clarity on what you are doing.
Let’s think about our clients who will come to us trusting they will feel better about their scars and stretchmarks. We have a responsibility to do our due diligence.
When I was starting my career in medical tattoo, I was in despair after I took the first few courses, because it did not prepare me to take clients at all. I struggled to connect the dots between missing information, and I felt so lost.
I created my training program because I want my students to feel equipped and start making money when they finish taking my course.
I’m confident this is one of the most detailed oriented courses you can find that will build your foundation for further education on medical tattoo.
Those of you who will be taking online training as a beginner, please come for the one day in-person model practice in the future.
Choose a training program based on the instructor’s experience not based on the price.
- Make sure the course will teach fundamental tattoo technique, a lot of courses that seem good on Social Media give you just superficial information , not teaching the logic and skin science behind it, which can leave you blind spots in your education process.
- Make sure the instructor has done extensive research and years of practice to provide a safe approach with results.
- Make sure all the information is transparent in terms of what products are used during the procedure as you will have to disclose it to your clients.
- Make sure the course will teach you not only “How to do. What to do, “ but also WHY to do so.
- Make sure courses will use US manufactured products for easier access to order because that can be quite an inconvenience in the future.
- Choose an instructor based on their experience , not the price.
WHY TO CHOOSE MY IN DEPTH PROGRAM ?
My training is extremely hands on. Students will do everything from the start to finish including consultation, prepping the room/ work station, entire procedure including color matching , that way students will go home with confidence to do on their own on clients and own modelsSubmit your application